Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Fishing

   When I'm not coaching soccer, mowing our huge yard, or putting Icy Hot on my sore back after hauling bricks, lately you can find me by one of the 4 ponds by our house baiting a fish hook. The boys just love fishing. When I say fishing, I mean they love reeling the fish in and then letting me do all the work before and after that occurs. James has finally figured out how to hold the fish by the mouth. Alex is still pretty certain the fish is out to get him and wants to bite him, so he's not too keen on much more than poking it with the tip of his index finger at this point. Honestly, I shouldn't complain. My kids are growing up fast, so I enjoy it a lot.

    This week, according to James, we're supposed to actually eat some of the fish we catch for dinner.  Seeing that 99% of the fish in these ponds seem to fit in the palm of my seven-year-olds hand, I'm assuming filleting these bad boys is going to be a job even the best sushi chef would shake his head at. I'm hoping there's at least one big fish sitting idly in the pond this week. Perhaps he's dumb enough to bite that worm dangling over his head and help me out a bit. Of course, I'll take all the credit for it. " Caught this beauty on my 3 ft Lightning Mcqueen Zebco." I'll be sure to post any pics that follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment