Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Welcome Back!


   Today I start my second year doing the Slice of Life Challenge. It's been a busy year with lots of surprises, changes, and memories. I won't bore you with all the details, as I'm sure you could say the same about yourselves, so I'll just spend my time today going over some interesting,random, and funny facts I've learned in the past year.

1. There's a volcano (Kawah Injen) in Indonesia that spews blue lava. 

2. Disney's Pixar Studios turned 30 in 2016. 

3. Bubble wrap was initially designed to be used as wallpaper.

4. Last year, The dates 04/04/2016, 06/06/2016, 08/08/2016, 10/10/2016 and 12/12/2016 all fell on the same day — Monday.

5. Harriet Tubman will replace Andrew Jackson on the 20 dollar bill. 

6. In the past year, scientists figured out how to link robotic limbs with the part of the brain that controls intent to move, so people don't have to think about how they will move the limb, it will just happen. 

7. Ice Bucket Challenge donations were credited with helping to find a major gene linked to ALS...one step closer to a cure. 

8. Last July, volunteers in India smashed a world record by planting 50 million trees...in just 24 hours. 

9. Child mortality rates continue to decline worldwide, and are down 53% since 1990.

10. After reading this post, you will not recognize that the the brain does not recognize the second 'the.' 

1 comment:

  1. I can't get past the Pixar thing. That makes me feel old. Haha!!

    ReplyDelete