Sunday, March 26, 2017

Spring Break


   I'm definitely excited for spring break. This has been a great year thus far with our sixth grade team, but like everyone, you need a good break to get away from everyone and everything from time to time. It's nice to just be able to turn your brain off a bit and relax. Enjoying the outdoors is something I love doing, so I plan to take advantage of my break by spending time with my kids outside. One thing I've learned after living in several different places across the United States is that I'm not a hot weather person. I hate hot weather, so now is definitely the time to enjoy some outdoor activity.
 
   Right now the plan is to either go camping at Onondaga State Park, or head south to the Buffalo River in Arkansas. Last year the kids and I had a great time checking out the caves in Meramec State Park, and I've heard that Onondaga is bigger and better. As a kid, I spent a lot of weekends climbing in the Ozarks along the Buffalo. After we moved away, it was a place I really missed and wanted to return to. Now that we've moved back to the midwest, I definitely want my kids to experience it. We'll also be heading to the grandparents' for a night or two. My hometown has a giant park that my kids love visiting. I grew up pretty lucky to have good outdoor areas close by.

No comments:

Post a Comment