Sunday, March 26, 2017

Steel Creek it is!



   After debating, I decided we'd camp along the Buffalo River in Arkansas instead of heading to Onondaga Caves. I had planned to work in a STL trip with the boys after camping at Onondaga. I started making plans for us to hang out around Forest Park and hit the City Museum until my wife asked that we not have lots of fun without her since she had to work over spring break.  I wasn't going to spend my spring break in boss lady's dog house, and the Buffalo is awesome, so I wisely obliged.

    We decided to stay at Steel Creek Campground, which is about and hour and a half east of Springdale, next to the tiny village of Ponca. Steel creek is a very secluded a primitive campground for only tent campers. There is a horse camp on the other side of the campground. It sits along the Buffalo river with Roark Bluff towering about 100 feet overhead. The boys loved the views and playing in the river, but they were mad that I'd forgotten their fishing poles. We planned to stay for two nights. The first night was nice and calm, but mother nature had other plans for us on night #2.

No comments:

Post a Comment