Thursday, March 3, 2016

Day 1- Here we Go!




I’ll admit that if I was asked to make a top 10 list of favorite hobbies, writing would be noticeably absent. It’s not that I detest writing (I actually enjoy getting my thoughts on paper), it’s just not something I think about doing often. With that said, I plan on giving this Slice of Life idea my best shot. My life is busy enough, but what’s one more obligation...right?  


So, where do I begin? I'm 35 years old and this is the 3rd state that I've taught in.I've moved six times in the past ten years. Luckily, this is the last stop on the tour, so it feels good to finally settle down and enjoy life in Missouri. I grew up in Independence, Kansas, where I met my wife in high school. After college, I lived in Kansas City, Missouri, Atlanta, Georgia, and Great Falls, Montana before I landed here. That's a random grouping of cities and states, for sure, but it was a great ride. I saw a ton of beautiful places and met some incredible people along the way.
Family is a huge part of my life, and it's the reason we moved back to the midwest. My wife Johna, and I have been together since my junior year of high school. We have two incredible boys. James is 7 and loves math. He amazes me every day with new math problems he's figured out all on his own. Alex is 4, and loves anything involving sports. He is convinced that he'll be the next soccer star. He'd be happy wearing his shinguards and cleats every day.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're joining us, Mr. B.!! Yea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't whant a boy,girls are better!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't whant a boy,girls are better!!;)

    ReplyDelete