Sunday, March 27, 2016

The Best Cat in the World part 2


    I got a call from wife that weekend, telling me that my son had found "the cat". I spoke with him that evening about it. They had gone to Petsmart to take a look at the cats available for adoption. The nice Petsmart lady said she had the perfect one for them...a black and white female named "Astrid". She curled right up into my son's lap and began to purr. He promptly told his mom, "This cat is special to me."
    We had to wait 2 more weeks to pick Astrid up. She had caught a stomach bug from the different food they had fed her at Petsmart, after being brought there from the Carthage Humane Society. Finally, after a long two weeks, we were able to welcome Astrid home. The worker at the humane society had told me not to expect to see her much during the first week. She told me that she would hide until she became comfortable with her surroundings, and that it might be best to just keep her to one room for the first day or two until she became less skittish.

Yeah right. This was 30 minutes after arriving home:




Astrid wasted no time in making herself a new home. The kids loved her instantly.




She helped us unpack our boxes for the new house, and immdediately took a liking to Jasper.



I am so glad we chose her. She has been the best cat in the world. The kids love her to death and my wife finally has another girl in the house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment