Monday, March 28, 2016

March Madness



     The NCAA basketball tournament is underway. I'm excited because I think it's the best event in all of sports. There are other events that are more prestigeous (The World Series) or famous (The Super Bowl), but nothing matches the intensity and excitement of March Madness. Win, and you move on...have a bad game? There's always next year. I also like the fact that the little guy has a chance to prove that he belongs. Every year, some Cinderella team that should have zero chance of winning on paper, pulls of the upset over a big name program.

     I picked the university of Kansas to win it all this season. You could say that I'm being a homer since I'm from Kansas, but remember, I'm not supposed to like them. Having graduated from arch-rival Kansas State, you'll never see me rooting for KU. I just happen to think they are the best team in the tournament. However, that doesn't mean they will win. Defeating six of the best teams in the country in a row is a monumental task. I also picked Michigan State, Xavier, and Oklahoma to join them in the Final Four. We'll see how I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment