Monday, March 28, 2016

Election year

   This isn't a post where I try to convince you that one potential candidate is the smartest, most qualified, most deserving, and hardest working person for the job. I do my best to avoid the spotlight when it comes to politics. It often seems that those who are the most outspoken about their favorite candidate made up their minds long ago, and tend do the least amount of listening to other's opinions. I try really hard not to be one of those people.
    What I really wanted to say was that this particular election year seems to be the craziest thing I have seen when it comes to choosing a new leader, at least at the national level. I have seen so much anger and negativity coming from the front runners of both major political parties. It has trickled down to their most fervent supporters and stinks up my newsfeed. It makes me wonder. Is this what it takes any more to get people to listen to you? How is this helping our nation? I really hope people start treating each other with more respect. We deserve better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment