Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Here comes Spring!

    It seems like everything organic woke up in the last week, no? It will be interesting to see what transpires within the next week with all the rain we'll be getting. I have a love/hate relationship with Spring. It's easily my favorite season. The days get longer, everything turns green, and the temperatures are perfect once spring arrives. However, Springtime also means the return of my worst enemy. Allergies.

     Just the sight of those buds popping open on the trees outside the school makes the back of my throat start itching. I imagine within the next three weeks, I'll be watching my kids play outside and enjoying a cup of coffee to go along with my IV drip of Allegra.

    I'll be coaching soccer this spring for the first time in five years. This time, It won't be high school girls soccer, but something far more terrifying. I'll be coaching my son's U8 soccer team, and assisting with my youngest son's pre-k team. I'm looking forward to teaching these guys the basics of soccer: passing, throw-ins, corner kicks, and how to avoid picking weeds or pretending to be ninjas when the ball is on the other side of the field. Hopefully they'll be able to hear me through my breathing mask and I'll be able to make it through an entire game without wanting to jump in the pond next to the fields to wash the pollen off me.

YAY SPRING!

1 comment:

  1. I feel for you!!! I hope you can enjoy Spring, even through your allergies!!! I loved your second paragraph! Funny!

    ReplyDelete