Thursday, March 31, 2016

My poor NCAA bracket

   No one in the world had a accurately predicted a bracket going into the Sweet Sixteen this year. Let that sink in for a sec.  March Madness has definitely earned it's moniker again this season. Yours truly  failed miserably at picking winners. I started the first round with a potential to score 170 points in my bracket. I ended up with 68.

Of the four teams I picked to make it to the Final Four, only one did so. Oklahoma, thanks to the guard play of Buddy Hield and the briliant coaching of Lon Kruger (KSU alumn!) punched their ticket. I picked KU to win it all, but they fell to Villanova in the Elite 8. Xavier got their hearts ripped out in the second round on a buzzer beater, falling to Wisconsin, and then there's Michigan State. The Spartans are(were) a safe pick in any NCAA tournament. Tom Izzo's team always shows up ready to play and overachieves every year. They've also made four Final Four's in the last seven years. This year? The go down in flames to Middle Tennessee State University in the very first round. It's never a good sign when you lose to a team with a direction as part of their school name in the tournament. My bracket was DOA before the show even started.

No comments:

Post a Comment